ACL Race Series Rod Bearing Set – BMW M5/M6 S85 V10 Engine (Custom Mixed Shells)
Manufacturer Part Number: Custom Mixed Shells
This set of ACL bearings is a set we developed and measured by hand to achieve the bearing clearance we believe is ideal for this engine. Each and every shell is hand measured. ///M Power Motorsports is the only distributor to offer such a product. The standard ACL bearings tend to run on the “tight” side just as the OEM bearings do. Because of this we have created our own customized set that will achieve .0023″ to .0025″ bearing clearance.
- Lead/Copper, Tri-Metal design: Tri-Metal, lead/copper are considered the world’s best bearings. The steel backing is coated with copper, then topped with a soft lead. The lead is embeddable, meaning small particles can embed themselves in the lead without causing any damage to the crankshaft. Look in the best automotive engines, and you’re likely to find a Tri-Metal bearing design.
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearings and to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help you maintain consistent clearances.
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.